The Defold name is a registered trademark (®) of the Defold Foundation. The Defold name may be used without separate written permission as long as you comply with the following rules:
- You may use the Defold name to refer to Defold products and services. For example, to describe that you use Defold as your development tool or to promote Defold as a product.
- You may use the Defold name to describe or to refer to Defold products or services in connection with your products or services to explain that connection, provided that the explanation is true and accurate, Defold is not incorporated with the Trademarks of your products or services, and use otherwise complies with these guidelines. For example, to indicate that your product is “compatible with Defold software” or that your service is to provide “tutorials for Defold software”.
- You may use the Defold name in all manner of published materials, digital and otherwise, provided that your use is consistent with all of the following and otherwise complies with these guidelines:
- using the Defold name is actually relevant to the subject matter of the materials; and
- the Defold name does not figure more prominently in the materials than your Trademarks, including Trademarks of your products and services.
The Defold logo is a registered trademark (®) of the Defold Foundation. Defold logos may only be used under separate written permission from Defold, with the exception of the “Made with Defold” logo (see below). And, to the extent you have received permission, you must comply with the following rules:
- Use official and unmodified Defold logos, as seen on this page. The Defold logos may not be altered or modified in any way, including by changing the colors, changing the font, applying strokes, rearranging elements of the design, or stretching/distorting. Nor may Defold logos be animated.
- Be sure to allow Defold logos to be seen clearly. Besides avoiding distortion, you must not reduce the size of Defold logos so as to cause them to appear unclear, fuzzy, or otherwise illegible.
- Ensure that there is sufficient clear space between the Defold logos and other graphical or textual elements. The Defold logos must always be seen and interpreted as unique elements.
Made with Defold logo
You do not need any written permission to use the “Made with Defold” logo as long as you comply with the rules for Defold logo usage above.
Requesting Defold logo permission
You may request permission to use the Defold logo by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Logo without text
The Defold logo without text exists in a full color version and monochrome versions for placement on dark and light background.
Logo with “Defold” text (vertical & horizontal)
The Defold logo with the “Defold” text exists in a full color version and monochrome versions for placement on dark and light background. The text is placed either below or to the right of the logo.
Logo with “Made with Defold” text (vertical & horizontal)
The Defold logo with the “Made with Defold” text exists in a full color version and monochrome versions for placement on dark and light background. The text is placed either below or to the right of the logo.
High-resolution versions of the Defold logo are available for download from this link.