Hello, Defolder! 👋
I hope this newsletter finds you well. Here’s another packed newsletter with games, exciting news and the latest stable release notes.
“Isometric version of Space Invaders for the [Re]Make jam!”
Merge Shooter 2048
A new take on the now classic 1024 game. Available for Android.
Made With Defold jam results
The Made With Defold Jam ended a while back and the results from the voting are in! Congratulations to the winners and runner-ups!
SEE THE RESULTS
Melsoft Games joins as a corporate partner
Last week we had the pleasure of welcoming Melsoft Games as a Defold corporate partner. The Defold Foundation will work together with Melsoft Games to accelerate development of new features for the Defold game engine.
READ THE PRESS RELEASE
COVER 50% OF NATIVE EXTENSION BUILD SERVER COSTS FROM GITHUB SPONSORS. Learn more
We thank our latest community donors reneclavijo and Hawadeet Games!
BECOME A COMMUNITY DONOR
The latest Defold version has been released. Read the full release notes to learn more.
- Issue-4991 - Added: Added android.display_cutout in game.project for handling display cutout
- Issue-3172 - Fixed: Only use XY for creating uniform scale in Box2D
- Issue-4447 - Fixed: Added Android 10 as the default target api
- Issue-4837 - Fixed: Sound is now run on a separate thread
- Issue-4862 - Fixed: sys.reboot now supported on HTML5
- Issue-4952 - Fixed: Fix crash when deleting playing particlefx in gui
- Issue-5000 - Fixed: Proper Lua context cleanup after window.set_listener callbacks
- Issue-5051 - Fixed: Fixed spawn position for mesh component
- Issue-5069 - Fixed: Fix for world space mesh component
- Issue-5033 - Fixed: Added better error reporting if liveupdate keys were set, but didn’t exist on disk
- Issue-4766 - Fixed: Removed unused render target name
- Issue-5063 - Fixed: Vulkan - Added cubemap support
- Issue-5014 - Fixed: Vulkan - Fix conditions for properly resizing scratch buffer
- Issue-5043 - Fixed: Vulkan - Make sure we set the correct filtering when uploading textures